Purdue Club Sports

Posted on April 3, 2014 by Catherine Courchaine

I was a huge fan of volleyball in high school. My teammates and I formed great bonds, we set school records, we sweat, and we cried. When my last season ended, I thought I was done playing competitive volleyball. I had become a decent player, but not a Big 10 caliber player. When I arrived at Purdue, the club volleyball team was the perfect fit.

Club volleyball allowed me to balance a tough engineering course load with the fun and competitiveness of a traveling team. Collegiate club sports tend to have travel and non-travel options. The Purdue University Women's Volleyball Club forms two traveling teams and a third team that practices with the club every week but does not attend tournaments. Practices are usually about 1.5 hours several days a week and tournaments last a weekend and occur about every other weekend at universities around the Midwest. Every spring, the teams prepare to compete at Nationals, an absolutely unforgettable experience.

PUWVBC competes at a tournament
 Other club sports at Purdue include traditional sports like soccer and running, as well as options like water polo, archery, and badminton! A full list of Purdue's current club teams is available here. If you don't see the sport you're interested, don't worry! All club sports are student-run, so get a group of friends together and start a team!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering