Consumer is Boss - Lessons from Products Research at P&G

Posted on June 19, 2014 by Beata Strubel


I can hardly believe I am halfway through my internship already. I hope you’ve been having a great summer, also!


Repping black and gold! Boiler up

I am back in Cincinnati for my second summer at Procter & Gamble. I returned to Skin Care R&D (Research & Development), but I am in a very different role. Last summer I worked in Beauty Technology. I worked with a material that may be used in a skin care product years and years from now.

This summer I am working in Products Research (PR) in Front End Innovation (FEI). My work is still upstream, but I am working with the consumers more. I interface with marketing and R&D to help them design products that will delight the consumer. I have learned about and led many different kinds of panels and consumer tests.

Recently, I’ve been working with my team on Rapid Response Panels. In these panels, we work with the panelists for multiple weeks. We test a product for a week and then interview them about their experience. The formulators then make changes to the product based on what we learn from the consumers. The following week we test this new product and repeat, quickly gaining learnings about how to improve the product. I enjoy the fast-paced work!


When not working, I’ve been exploring Cincinnati and have taken a few trips with other interns. Below is a photo from a hike with my roommates when we visited Gatlinburg for a weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Understanding Purdue Housing

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering