"Why did you choose Purdue?"

Posted on February 5, 2015 by LilyAnn Peterson Gapinski 

As current students, one question we get asked very often is “why did you choose Purdue?” We decided to ask our volunteers this question, and here are some of the answers we received: 

“I liked the flexibility of the First-Year Engineering program at Purdue. I started here with a basic idea of engineering, and was able to explore many different parts and see which discipline best matched my career goals.” 
- Emily, Chemical Engineering 


“I chose to come to Purdue because of the great engineering programs, but also because it is 5 ½ hours from my home. I wanted to step outside my comfort zone and go somewhere where I knew literally no one, and I am so glad I did! Purdue is such a welcoming place and the people really care about individual students. There are numerous ways to get involved and so much support, especially from the Women in Engineering Program. Even though I came here not knowing anyone, I have never once felt alone. Coming to Purdue was one of the best decisions of my life.”
 - Olivia, First-Year Engineering 


“I chose Purdue because I felt welcome here. From the first time I stepped on campus, I felt like I was wanted here as much as I wanted to be here.” 
- Marie, Industrial Engineering

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering