Life of an AAE Student


C:\Users\Sowmya\Downloads\Katherine Bolek Picture.jpg The reason I chose AAE as my major is because of my fascination with our universe. I want to make an impact through space exploration and the development of space programs. Also, as a student in the school of Aeronautics and Astronautics, there are a lot of interesting topics to learn about, such as aircraft design, or propulsion systems in spacecraft. One of the really interesting classes is AAE 251- Introduction to Aerospace Design, since that is the first course you take that really deals with aerospace instead of general math or physics. In general, my daily routine consists of attending all my classes during the day and taking a quick break around noon to have lunch in one of the dining courts. After classes are over, depending on the day and my workload, I attend organization meetings, do my homework, or study in Starbucks with a hot cup of coffee. On days with more free time, I hang out with friends or go watch a movie.
 
Despite the workload that comes with being a student, there are a lot of organizations with a variety of cool AAE related projects around campus if you want to get involved! Personally, I am also a part of Purdue’s chapter of The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), where I can socialize and meet new people in my major. I often attend seminars related to aeronautics and astronautics held by both Purdue faculty and industry engineers. To any incoming students who are interesting in AAE and being a part of a tight-knit community of engineers, I would definitely recommend pursuing this major!

Want to learn more about AAE? Click here
Have questions about AAE? Email purdue.welink@gmail.com, we are here to help!
-Katherine Bolek (Sophomore in AAE)
WE Link Volunteer

Stay Connected with Purdue WIEP!
Facebook: Purdue Women in Engineering
Twitter: @PurdueWIEP
Instagram: @PurdueWIEP
Blog: purduewiep.blogspot.com
Email: purdue.welink@gmail.com








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering