Midterm Study Tips

As midterm season approaches, it can feel overwhelming to prepare for numerous exams on top of juggling other involvements. I have compiled some of my top tips for staying organized that have helped me succeed in the classroom!

Kat studying for an exam.

1. Make a Plan

Making a plan has helped me be adequately prepared for my exams. I like to make a list of everything I want to cover for the exam, whether that be reading the textbook, making flashcards, doing practice problems, etc., and then make a schedule for when I want to accomplish the task. Setting mini goals can help studying feel less daunting and make sure I'm prepared on exam day!

2. Find a Good Location

Switching up my location can really lift my mood and help me focus while studying! There are numerous reading rooms, coffee shops, and outdoor seating areas on campus to take advantage of while maintaining social distancing! A change of scenery can give me the motivation I need to prepare for my exam.

3. Block Out Time for Studying

Blocking out time in my schedule for when I am going to study ensures that I get it done! It can be easy to procrastinate studying, but setting aside time to study pushes me to accomplish the task at hand. 

4. Join a Study Group

Studying with your peers is a great way to review the material and increase understanding! It can be beneficial to have a peer explain a topic in a different way from your professor, and explaining a topic to a friend can be a great way to make sure you know it. Additionally, studying with other people is great for working through problems and getting questions answered.

5. Reach Out to Your Professors

Professors and Teaching Assistants are there to help you succeed! Going to their office hours, review sessions, and asking questions can make sure you have a good grasp on the material and are ready on test day!


If you have questions, comments or want more tips on succeeding in the classroom, tag us, leave a comment, or follow us!


Kat Kerr, BME 2022

WE Link Leadership Team


Stay Connected With Purdue WIEP!

Facebook: Purdue Women in Engineering

Twitter: @purduewiep 

Instagram: @purduewiep

Blog: purduewiep.blogspot.com

Email: welink@purdue.edu



Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering