Why I Chose My Discipline...


Electrical Engineering (ECE)
“If you like math and physics, especially physics that we cannot physically observe like particle physics, electricity, and magnetism, then EE may be perfect for you. EE is very versatile as it applies to almost everything we use nowadays. Even though EE as a major is very broad, you are able to choose an area you’d like to focus on. Personally, since electricity is so crucial in our daily lives, I’d like to choose an area that focuses on developing more efficient ways to conserve, transport, and produce electricity.” –Carol Lo (freshman)


Chemical Engineering (ChE)
“In high school, I was a three sport athlete. Being an athlete means you have to have good nutrition to get you through games and practices. As my sports intensified, I found myself going in depth on what types of nutrients and chemicals make up food. That is when I realized I wanted to become a chemical engineer. I wanted to use my passion of nutrition and baking to help solve problems. With this degree, I hope to work in product development in the food industry. I want to work with food to help increase shelf life, enhance flavor, and limit fat or calories.” –Madison Sprecher (freshman)


Biological Engineering (ABE)
“I chose biological engineering because all my life I’ve wanted to be a doctor, but I also liked the way an engineer thinks. I’m double majoring in biological engineering and pre-med to combine the best of both worlds. I would have done biomedical engineering but that is more focused on mechanical aspects rather than biological aspects. My track within biological engineering, cellular, focuses on small-scale body functions.” –Hannah Nisonson (freshman)


Industrial Engineering (IE)
“This discipline is related to a wide variety of topics and can be used in almost any industry. Human factors and ergonomics can be used in work design in production plants. Industrial Engineering entails processes such as optimization, efficiency, production, manufacturing, and Lean P 6 Sigma. I chose IE because I am used to thinking outside of the box and love to find solutions to problems. IE is the most diverse engineering discipline in my opinion. Every company needs to make improvements in their processes, methods, supply chain, etc. and that’s where IEs come into play.” –Chelsea Rowe (Senior)


 Posted by: Abby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering