Life of an Industrial Engineering Student




Alex Crum Pic 2.jpgMy everyday routine begins with waking up and going to all of my classes in the mornings.  My last class ends at 12:30, which is awesome!  I have one professor who shouts and runs around the room, which makes the class entertaining and definitely keeps our attention.  After classes, I head to the CoRec for a workout before lunch.  Then I usually head back to campus to work on my homework so that I have time later in the evenings to hang out and relax with friends and attend organization meetings.

I decided to go into Industrial Engineering because I really like thinking about problems from a systems perspective.  I enjoy thinking about how everything is interconnected and trying to improve existing processes.  I love how many opportunities it gives me, since Industrial Engineering is a very broad field. There are so many different career paths that I have the opportunity to explore and choose from!

I’m not involved with IISE (the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers), but they’re the professional society for the School of Industrial Engineering.  They plan professional workshops and events allowing students and faculty to network.
-Alex Crum (Senior)
WE Link Volunteer

Stay Connected with Purdue WIEP!
Facebook: Purdue Women in Engineering
Twitter: Purdue Women in Engineering
Instagram: Purdue Women in Engineering
Email: purdue.welink@gmail.com
Blog: purduewiep.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering