Boiler Gold Rush: Making Purdue Feel Like Home



My TL Buddy and our new students at the Block P!
As a freshman, Boiler Gold Rush, our new student orientation program, was an amazing way to meet people in my residence hall, learn about campus, and increase my confidence going into college.  Through interest sessions, team bonding events, and inclusive discussions, my experience allowed me to feel comfortable finding a new home at Purdue.  Boiler Gold Rush really sets Purdue apart, as you can clearly see how much the Team Leaders care about the success of their new students.
My BGR group when I was a new student in 2016.
Because of this great experience, I applied to be a Team Leader for Boiler Gold Rush 2017, and it was truly incredible.  As a Team Leader, I trained with a group of peers, and we learned from supervisors who were team leaders the year before.  During BGR 2017, my school spirit increased even more, and it was helpful to have this group of team leaders to reach out to throughout the experience. Throughout the week, it was exciting to see the students in my group learn their way around campus and become friends with each other. 


We hold beacons during the week of BGR so our new students can easily find us.
From establishing a Freezone mindset to learning about campus traditions, BGR is an awesome week that sets the stage for an even better time at Purdue University.

Have any questions about getting acquainted to Purdue? Email us at purdue.welink@gmail.com or tag us on social media @PurdueWIEP

-Brittany Allen
WE Link LT
Electrical Engineering, Class of 2020

Stay Connected with Purdue WIEP!
Twitter@PurdueWIEP
Instagram@PurdueWIEP
Email: purdue.welink@gmail.com
Blog: purduewiep.blogspot.com






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering