5 Times I've FALLen in Love with Purdue

It's fall, a time when friends come together to watch football, pick pumpkins and sip hot chocolate.  Fall is a great time on campus for students, faculty and staff alike.  Over my two years at Purdue, I've fallen in love with my school many times, and I hope you do the same.  Here are five times that I've FALLen in love with Purdue:


1) The Campus During the Fall

When arriving to campus at the beginning of the semester, it's pretty hot and time spent outside is minimal.  But once mid-September comes around, the scenery changes -- and in a good way. The leaves are a beautiful, the temperature is mild and everyone has a smile on their face.  My first fall is a time that I fell in love with Purdue. 

2) B1G Basketball Champions

One of my most favorite moments of Purdue is watching Purdue Basketball clinch the B1G championship on senior night. I personally am an avid sports fan, and going to all of the games throughout the season with my friends were the highlights of my Sophomore Year.  I think it's really important to have a connection with your school, and following athletics is a great way to do so.  I can't wait for this upcoming season!

3) Engineering Opportunities

Immediately arriving to campus my freshman year, I was made aware of the vast amount of opportunities for engineers such as internships, co-ops, and more.  My Industrial Roundtable was overwhelming, but I really got to experience first-hand how many opportunities were out there for engineering students at Purdue, and this is a time that I fell in love with my school. 

4) Student Organization Involvement

Wherever you attend college, it's really important to get involved in something where your passions align, and I got involved in the Women in Engineering Program here right off the bat.  Shortly joining the WE Link Leadership Team my second semester freshman year, I had a capability to do what I loved--recruiting women in engineering-- and actually make an impact in the process.  Whether it's talking to prospective students at an event, getting comments on our media platforms or chatting with a volunteer at volunteer night, often times I smile and think about how much I love it! You can truly find your place at Purdue and that's one time I've fallen in love with my school.  

5) Purdue Traditions

Like any school, Purdue has its traditions.  Some of which include fountain runs, clapping at the clapping circle, and den pops.  But my favorite one has to be singing the "Hail Purdue" at all athletic events.  It's just amazing to look around to see everyone clapping, singing their hearts out for a common love -- Purdue! Doing these "traditions" really makes you feel welcome.

Fall at Purdue really makes you fall for Purdue.  These are some reasons why I love Purdue and I hope that you will feel the same about your college. 

Have any questions? Reach out to us at purdue.welink@gmail.com, we are here to help!

Boiler Up!

-Allison Meyer
WE Link Leadership Team

Stay Connected with Purdue WIEP!
Twitter@PurdueWIEP
Instagram@PurdueWIEP
Email: purdue.welink@gmail.com
Blog: purduewiep.blogspot.com




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering