Why I Chose Purdue

Beginning to think about where you want to attend college? Wondering why you should choose Purdue University? At the last volunteer night, some of the WE Link volunteers created photo collages of why they chose to study engineering at Purdue. Check it out below!


Jacqueline Girard
Civil Engineering
"I chose Purdue for many reasons, but the ones that stand out to me are pictured above. I was interested in Engineering all throughout high school, and Purdue's program is top-notch. Additionally, I was accepted into the honors college, which was a great opportunity. As someone who grew up on the East Coast, I was excited to experience a different part of the country. Purdue gives individuals the opportunity to be a part of something larger than themselves, specifically through events like Industrial Roundtable (a large career fair on campus), where the purpose is to provide students with internships. The school spirit and traditions that Purdue offers are hard to find at smaller schools. My favorite memories are football games, Grand Prix, and the Greek Life here! Coming to Purdue was the greatest choice I have ever made!"


Arushi Bhalchandra
First Year Engineering
"When I first toured Purdue, I fell in love with the campus and the community. Being from Massachusetts, I knew that I wanted to find a place that would be a home away from home. Besides the incredible academics and the sporting events, traditions and people are what made me choose Purdue."


Madison Green
Nuclear Engineering
"I chose Purdue because I thought it was a beautiful campus, and I was excited about the winter. I also decided to come to Purdue because they have an incredible nuclear engineering program. I have made some amazing friends, and I knew that my favorite thing would be the people I met. I love the networking that Purdue offers, and I was excited for events like Industrial Roundtable and other career fairs."


Nisriena Hanifa
First Year Engineering 
"My decision to come to Purdue was made up of a variety of factors. The obvious reason was because it has a great engineering program; it is well-known across the country and even internationally. I was sold after hearing about the many networking opportunities, as well as the Women in Engineering Program. I knew that engineering majors were composed of predominantly male students, so hearing about this program really helped motivate me to pursue an engineering career. I also loved the diversity of the campus, as well as how it looked physically. When I toured the campus 3 years ago, my parents and I agreed that it was beautiful, and I was excited about the idea of going to school here. I also heard that it was a safe environment, what with having its own police and fire department on campus. This, along with the relatively low cost of attendance and a big Indonesian community (the Permias group), persuaded me to choose Purdue."


Want to share why you chose Purdue? Email us at welink@purdue.edu and let us know!

-Abby Trusler
WE Link Leadership Team

Stay Connected With WIEP!
Twitter: @purduewiep 
Instagram: @purduewiep
Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering