STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Haley Mason, ChE 2020

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Haley Mason

Major: Chemical Engineering
Graduation Date: May 2020


What is your favorite part about Engineering?

My favorite part about Engineering is how applicable the material is. Everything can be applied to the real world and I know I am learning valuable information.

What is your favorite class you have taken and why?

My favorite class that I have taken is CHE 211 (thermodynamics) because I was really scared about taking this class and thought it was going to be really hard but I put a lot of effort into it and ended up getting a B! I also ended up liking the material a lot more than I thought I would.

What is the best thing about Purdue?

The best thing about Purdue is the people. I have made my best friends here and I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else.

Tell us about a fun memory about your time at Purdue!

One of my favorite memories at Purdue is when I moved into my freshman year residence hall. I was really nervous about everything but my roommate and I had such a fun time decorating and getting to know everyone on my floor!

What sorts of things are you involved in on campus?

I am a sister of Phi Sigma Rho and I am also a Leadership Team member at I2D2 through the Women in Engineering Program. This past summer, I was a Team Leader for Boiler Gold Rush. Go McHarrison!

What is the best advice you received before coming to Purdue?

The best advice I received is to over study your freshman year because you will realize that Purdue is at a different level than high school and you should give yourself time to get used to it.

What is something you wish you had known when going through the college search process?

Something I wish that I had known is that Purdue has so many resources for women in engineering.

What is some advice you would give to incoming engineering students at Purdue?

Some advice that I would give to incoming engineering students at Purdue is that Purdue will easily become a home for you if you let it. You just have to give it time.

What is a fun fact about yourself?

I have never broken a bone.

Anything else to share?

This past summer I interned at Argonne National Laboratory as a Research Aide.


Check back every Tuesday for more student spotlights!


- Compiled by Mili Jha, WE Link LT


Stay Connected With Purdue WIEP!
Twitter: @purduewiep
Instagram: @purduewiep
Email: welink@purdue.edu


Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering