STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Laura Flandermeyer, FYE

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Laura Flandermeyer, First Year Engineering





  1. My favorite part of Engineering so far is the ability to work with others, form strong bonds, and learn from my teammates; some of my best Engineering friends are from my ENGR 161 teams!
  2. At Purdue, my favorite class has been CHM 116 because I love exploring the natural sciences, working in the lab, and furthering my understanding of everyday processes.
  3. The best thing about Purdue is its size! The university is large enough that you can constantly meet new people and have plenty of opportunities, but you’re also able to find your niche and create a smaller community.
  4. One of my best memories at Purdue was sledding with my ENGR 161 team on Slayter Hill as team bonding!
  5. On campus, I am involved in the Women in Engineering Program and the Navigators, a Christian ministry. I am also part of Silver House in the Honors College. I enjoy eating cinnamon rolls at Windsor, running on campus (when its not freezing outside), and watching the Bachelor with girls on my floor!
  6. Before coming to Purdue, the best advice I received was to find a buddy to sit with in lectures. You always have a friend to study with!
  7. When going through the college search process, I wish I had known how valuable it was to speak with current students. Gaining their perspective is extremely helpful, and it allows you to ask questions about campus and understand what it’s truly like to be a Purdue Engineer!
  8. I would advise incoming engineering students to keep an open mind about choosing an engineering discipline! You don’t have to know what you’d like to do before starting college, and you may even end up changing your mind (I did!). Also, get involved with WIEP! It’s great to have such wise women in your corner.
  9. Fun Fact: I love spending time outside, especially mountain biking and hiking.
  10. Boiler up, Hammer down, Hail Purdue!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering