Why I LOVE Purdue!

With Valentine’s day just 2 days ago, this is a time to express our love for friends, family, and big things in our life. For me, one of the things I am most grateful for is the fact that three years ago I decided to attend Purdue University. If you are curious what this means, let me tell you the top 5 reasons I LOVE PURDUE!
    
Our volunteers showing their love for Purdue's campus :)

    1. Top 10 Engineering School
      With more than 13 types of engineering, Purdue consistently ranks in the top 10 and offers their students room to grow and find their passions. One of the best things Purdue has to offer is their First-Year Engineering (FYE) program because it gives you a chance to decide what you really want to do and what you want to specialize in for the next four years. During your first year classes, you will hear from professors and students in each engineering field and have the chance to work on a variety of different projects. Through these projects and speakers, you will find what you are passionate about and at the end of freshmen year, you will choose your discipline. I truly LOVE how Purdue helped me find my passion for Mechanical Engineering!

    2.   Huge Alumni Network
      Throughout the year, Purdue hosts numerous career fairs, with the biggest one being Industrial Roundtable. At Industrial Roundtable, small and large companies have booths where they bring recruiters that are Purdue alum. Being interviewed by Purdue alumni is a huge advantage because they understand exactly what you are going through and how prepared you are for the workforce. Personally, I know that speaking to a Purdue alum helped me earn an internship at Procter and Gamble after my freshman year! Not only does Purdue LOVE setting you up for success in the classroom, but through the numerous career fairs they set you up for a rewarding career.

    3.   Job Placement Rate
      According to statistics from the Purdue Office of Admissions, more than 90% of new Purdue graduates report success in finding jobs, continuing their education, or pursuing other plans (such as the Peace Corps or Teach for America) within six months of graduation. I LOVE taking comfort in knowing that earning a degree from Purdue Engineering is a near guarantee of finding a job or earning a place in graduate school after graduation.

   4.   Team-Based Learning
      Within the classroom, students engage in unique team-based learning. For First-Year Engineering classes specifically, notes are taken outside of the classroom, so that in-class time can be spent collaborating with teammates and working on projects. No matter what discipline you end up choosing, you will spend time both in and out of the classroom collaborating with other students on various projects and assignments. Having the ability to work in teams will payoff greatly through not only your four years here, but beyond. I have learned so much from these team-based activities and have LOVED the chance to meet some of my best friends at Purdue through them.

   5.   Friendly Community
      The atmosphere around Purdue’s campus is almost indescribable; there is an atmosphere of friendliness matched with a love for learning that is hard to find elsewhere.  I could tell when I visited campus and talked to students here that they love getting to call Purdue home and are passionate about the path that Purdue is helping them to pursue. The moment you step onto Purdue’s campus you feel ready to get involved and live up to your fullest academic potential. Every day that I walk to class on Purdue’s campus I feel lucky to call myself a Boilermaker!
I LOVE everything about Purdue academics but I can guarantee you that you will find your home at Purdue in the incredible people.

Have any questions? Reach out to us at welink@purdue.edu We are here to help!



Megan Tandarich
Mechanical Engineering '20
WE Link Leadership Team


Stay Connected With Purdue WIEP!
Twitter: @purduewiep 
Instagram: @purduewiep
Email: welink@purdue.edu


Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering