Why Purdue?

Many of you are currently trying to discern if Purdue is the right place for you to spend the next four years. We asked current students why they chose Purdue when they were high school seniors, and we hope their answers may resonate with some of you as you make your decision!


"I chose Purdue because of its amazing reputation as an Engineering school and the numerous opportunities available for students both in and out of the classroom! The friendly community, the amazing faculty, and great school spirit are only a few of the things that stood out to me. I also came to Purdue because of its amazing Women In Engineering Program, which has introduced me to exceptional women who inspire and motivate me to achieve great things!" -Radhika Kulkarni, FYE

"I chose Purdue because of the industry-relevant coursework and study abroad options. Having only been at Purdue for two years, I've already studied abroad once, taken classes in two languages, and landed an internship!" -Jenna Sveum, Soph. CHE 

"I chose Purdue because being from Iowa, I wanted to go somewhere different where I could be pushed to be the best version of myself. Not only did I get out of my comfort zone by having to make a whole new set of friends, but I also developed a whole new skill set for problem-solving. Purdue stood out to me because it had so many unique opportunities and allowed me to develop for a year before choosing which path of engineering was right for me. " -Sydney Fisher, ABE (Biological Engineering)

"What stood out most to me was the Engineering Projects in Community Service (EPICS) program! I loved the idea of being able to work on a real-life engineering project in a team of multi-disciplinary students of different years. In the past three years, I've been able to work on impactful projects focused on rural Indian society and learn a ton about what it means to be an engineer. I also lived in the learning community as a freshman where I met my best friends!" -Zaina El-Demerdash, Jr. IE

"I chose Purdue because when I came to visit for the first time, it was the only school that felt like home. The people I talked to were all so helpful and seemed to love what they were doing, and I knew I could see myself here. The different programs and opportunities that Purdue offers were another thing that really stood out to me when comparing Purdue to other schools. Everything about the school, from the people to the campus, made me fall in love with it, and choosing Purdue has been the best decision I could have made." - Sofia Vonder Haar, FYE

"I chose Purdue because it is an incredible university that provides you with an abundance of opportunities. As a freshman, I knew I wanted to go into engineering, but I did not know which specific type and Purdue allows you to explore that while completing your core FYE classes. The advisors and faculty in the school of engineering are candid and honest about the experience that you will have, and they led me down the path toward what ended up being my dream. I was able to complete my education in 4 years while also being heavily involved in various clubs and organizations, as well as working at the CoRec. Overall, Purdue was much more than I could've asked for in a university, and I wouldn't be set up for my career so soon without it." -Brooke Prestin, Sr. MSE

"When I came to Purdue, I was overwhelmed by the sense of community. Upperclassmen were willing to offer advice and reach out, classes were collaborative, and returning alumni wanted to connect with students. Going to athletic events on the weekends or speaker events, thousands of students come together and we support our school, giving a sense of belonging, and I know there is nowhere else I would rather be." -Julianna Hachenski, FYE




- Marisa Hughes, Sr. BME

WE Link Leadership Team

Stay Connected With Purdue WIEP!
Twitter: @purduewiep 
Instagram: @purduewiep
Email: welink@purdue.edu


Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering