6 Reasons to be Thankful for Purdue

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we wanted to take a moment to reflect on all that we are thankful for. We asked the WE Link LT why they're thankful for Purdue, and here are their responses:

Purdue female engineering students
The WE Link Team outside of Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering

"I’m so grateful for Purdue’s plethora of study abroad opportunities! There are over 200 programs to more than 45 countries. I first learned about these programs at Purdue's large study abroad fair. I also worked with Purdue's advisors in the study abroad office to help me plan out my study abroad experience. I had the opportunity of studying abroad after my freshman year during Maymester through the Honors College in Northern Italy. I’m so thankful that I was able to have an eye-opening experience abroad and then return home for my internship during the rest of the summer."

-JT Sarisky, CE '22


"I am thankful for the opportunities Purdue has provided me within its curriculum. I have gotten to work on projects and assignments that pushed me outside of my comfort zone and made me a better student and engineer. The professors and teaching assistants at Purdue are always willing to answer my questions outside of class time, which has helped me succeed in my courses. The collaborative and hands-on environment at Purdue has helped me become a better student and prepared me for my future career and I am grateful for it!"

-Kat Kerr, BME '22


"There are so many reasons that I am grateful for Purdue! One of the main reasons are the numerous career opportunities and tools that they provide to students. The Center for Career Opportunities (CCO) offers workshops and one-on-one sessions to help students prepare for job fairs and interviews. In addition, the CCO will partner with student organizations across campus to bring more tailored material for your professional goals! Further, there are two engineering-specific career fairs that happen on campus each year - Industrial Roundtable in the fall semester and EXPO in the spring. Some of the specific engineering colleges also offer major-specific career fairs! Finally, the Women in Engineering Program offers networking opportunities with alumni through Access Alum events."

-Madeleine Hollinger, ChE '21


"Purdue has given me countless reasons to be thankful! One aspect of Purdue that I would like to highlight is the wide variety of extracurricular activities and organizations on campus. There truly is something for everyone with over 1000 clubs on campus! A few extracurriculars I am involved in that I am thankful for include Greek Life and Professional Practice Ambassadors (PPA). Of course, being involved with the Women in Engineering Program too has positively impacted my college experience too, and I am very thankful for it!"

-Emily Hamman, BME '22


"Purdue has given me so many opportunities and it has been being a part of the community on campus that I am truly thankful for. From residence hall floors to teams in classes, the moment you set foot on campus you quickly meet new friends from all different backgrounds. Students, faculty and alumni alike, love being on campus and whether it is professional or academic or just getting together to grab lunch or see a football game with friends, everyone is so welcoming and collaborative. I am so grateful for the friendships that make Purdue feel like home and can't wait to see what the next year holds! "

-Julianna Hachenski, IE '23


"I am thankful for Purdue because it has always supported me through the challenging times with all of its resources. Throughout my freshman year in the first year engineering program, I had a ton of tutoring or help sessions to choose from. Regardless of what day of the week it was, if I needed help with a difficult problem or project, I had the option of turning to my TAs, the Women in Engineering Program's tutoring services or Supplemental Instruction for help. Even this semester, as a fully online student, I have had access to the wonderful resources that Purdue offers. I am able to join office hours, help sessions, club callouts and more with just the click of a button."

-Aikya Chirra, BME '23


Compiled by Kat Kerr

Stay Connected With Purdue WIEP!

Facebook: Purdue Women in Engineering

Twitter: @purduewiep 

Instagram: @purduewiep

Blog: purduewiep.blogspot.com

Email: welink@purdue.edu



Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering