Top 5 Reasons I Love Purdue

With Valentine’s day quickly approaching, it's the perfect time to express our love and gratitude for the people and things we care about in our lives. For me, one of the things I am grateful for is Purdue University and all the doors it has opened for me. Let me tell you my top 5 reasons I love Purdue!
    
I love walking around the beautiful campus!

    5. Hands-On Experience

     Purdue has provided me with numerous opportunities to get hands-on experience in projects, labs, and more. I had the chance to work on design projects starting my first semester through the Engineering Projects in Community Service (EPICS) program. Since then, I have had design labs every semester in Biomedical Engineering that have given me the opportunity to learn new techniques and perform experiments that I wouldn't have learned from a classroom environment.   

    4. Huge Alumni Network

     Throughout the year, Purdue hosts numerous career fairs, such as Industrial Roundtable and EXPO. At these career fairs, small and large companies have booths where they bring recruiters, many of which are Purdue alum. Being interviewed by Purdue alumni is a huge advantage because they understand the skillsets you gain during your time at Purdue and how prepared you are for the workforce. I have had so many friends benefit from speaking with a Purdue alum at job fairs, with most of them getting the job as well! Not only does Purdue LOVE setting you up for success in the classroom, but the numerous career fairs also set you up for a rewarding career.

    3. School Spirit

    One of my favorite things about Purdue is the school spirit, especially surrounding athletics. Regardless of how often you watch sports, going to a Purdue sporting event is like no other. Anytime (pre-COVID-19) I have wanted to support the Boilers at a football or basketball game, there was no shortage of people willing to go with me to cheer on Purdue. The school spirit and enthusiasm around Purdue is easily one of my top reasons I love being a Boilermaker!

    2. Amazing Faculty

    Within the classroom, faculty have always been there to answer my questions or clarify any concerns I had. Even with 40,000 students, the professors I have had have gone above and beyond to provide me with assistance and advice anytime I needed it. I have been able to get mentorship from a variety of sources, including my research professor and some of the professors I took classes with. In my personal experience, professors truly care about their students and have provided me and my classmates with ample resources to help us succeed in courses.

    1. Welcoming Community

    The atmosphere around Purdue’s campus is almost indescribable; it is an atmosphere of friendliness matched with a love for learning that is hard to find elsewhere. When I toured Purdue 3 years ago, I could tell that the students cared about each other and loved Purdue. The people are truly what makes Purdue so special. The environment is collaborative and the students here want to see each other succeed. There are so many opportunities to get involved and find friends that encourage you and push you to your fullest academic potential. I consider myself incredibly lucky to call myself a Boilermaker! All in all, I LOVE everything about Purdue academics, but I can guarantee you that you will find your home at Purdue in the incredible people.

Have any questions? Reach out to us at welink@purdue.edu. We are here to help!



Kat Kerr
Biomedical Engineering '22
WE Link Leadership Team


Stay Connected With Purdue WIEP!
Twitter: @purduewiep 
Instagram: @purduewiep
Email: welink@purdue.edu


Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering