Why to Apply to Purdue - Early Action

        

With the early-action deadline quickly approaching on November 1st, 2024, it is essential for you to begin the application process. While this may seem intimidating, the early-action application is important for you future engineers! To help make your application process and decision a little easier, I am going to give you some reasons as to why you should come to Purdue University.

The People

The people at Purdue University are some of the most welcoming, exciting, and interesting people I know! The wide range of backgrounds at Purdue is extensive and extremely eye-opening. I can confidently say that the people that I have met at Purdue are some of the greatest friends I have ever had in my entire life. As a third-year student at Purdue, I made a lot of my current friends in the Living Learning Community in Meredith South during my freshman year at Purdue. This learning community allowed me to be surrounded by strong women who were also going through first year engineering. As a result, I had access to a large study group and many friends right away.

In addition, Purdue is focused on collaboration in schoolwork, rather than competition. In my experience, I have found that collaboration has really allowed my learning to excel, and I can fully understand concepts that I would not have on my own. That being said, having a collaborative environment is something that I value, and Purdue fosters that type of learning. I have found that people are always willing to help and form study groups.

The Experiences

At Purdue, I have had many experiences that I would have never dreamt of. One of these experiences was the short-term study abroad opportunity I had last spring break. I traveled to Belgium and France with my classmates and learned about gender in the world. It was a very eye-opening and incredible experience that I did not know was possible before coming to Purdue. For more information on this experience, check out my blog from last spring!

Experiences through the Women in Engineering Program have also been some of my favorite. Giving back to a program that helped me so much in my college decisions is a very rewarding experience that has allowed me to meet so many strong and encouraging women.

The Opportunities

Finally, Purdue ensures that graduated students have been set up with the tools and skill set to be successful in both graduate school and industry. Purdue has a 4+1 program, meaning that students could receive their master’s degree one year after graduation. This is a great opportunity to take advantage of if you are looking for higher education.

If you are not looking to go into graduate school, Purdue gives students plenty of opportunities to find a job in industry. I know a lot of people who have found internships, co-ops, and even full-time jobs from Industrial Roundtable! In addition, Purdue hosts many networking events and resources through the Center of Career Opportunities that allows students to connect to industry professionals and Purdue alum.

Overall, the number of reasons why you should choose Purdue is astounding. From assisting you before, during, and after attending, Purdue really cares about your goals and will do anything to help you reach them. Additionally, Purdue will give once-in-a-lifetime experiences throughout your time here giving you the most fulfilling four years of your life. I fully believe that coming to Purdue will be a decision you will not regret.

Isa Hollenstein, BME '26

WE Link Leadership Team

 

Stay Connected With Purdue WiE Program! 

Facebook: Purdue Women in Engineering 

Instagram: @purdue.wie 

Blog: purduewiep.blogspot.com 

Email: welink@purdue.edu 

 

 

Use the hashtag #PurdueWiE on Facebook and Instagram! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue