STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Jillian Beaupain, CE 2020

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Jillian Beaupain

Major: Civil Engineering
Graduation Date: 2020


What is your favorite part about engineering?


My favorite part about engineering is being able to innovate and create new things that will be able to help the world.

What is your favorite class you have taken and why?

My favorite class I’ve taken so far was a computer graphics technology class where I got to learn
how to use the software programs that civil engineers use in their careers because it gave me an
idea of what I might want to do in my career.

What is the best thing about Purdue?

The best thing about Purdue is all the opportunities that are available and the community of people
who are always willing to help.

Tell us about a fun memory about your time at Purdue!

Some of my favorite memories have been hanging out with my sisters and I’m so lucky to have the
community and friends that I do.

What sorts of things are you involved in on campus?

I’m involved in Phi Sigma Rho, the only engineering sorority on campus, and Higher Ground Dance Company which raises money for dance therapy for sick children.

What is the best advice you received before coming to Purdue?

The best advice I received was to get involved as much as possible on campus and make the most of your college experience.

What is something you wish you had known when going through the college search process?

I wish I had known about all the resources that Purdue has to offer in terms of academics.

What is some advice you would give to incoming engineering students at Purdue?

Take advice of all the resources available to you on campus.

What is a fun fact about yourself?

I have two black cats at home. And they both have green eyes.



Check back every Tuesday for more student spotlights!

- Compiled by Mili Jha WE Link LT


Stay Connected With Purdue WIEP!
Twitter: @purduewiep
Instagram: @purduewiep
Email: welink@purdue.edu

Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering