STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Susan Levecke, ChE 2021

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Susan Levecke

Major: Chemical Engineering
Graduation Date: 2021


What is your favorite part about Engineering?

My favorite part of engineering is learning how processes work. It’s cool to be able to look at something and say you know how it works.

What is your favorite class you have taken and why?


My favorite class I have taken is CHE205, Chemical Engineering Calculations. I had no idea what it would be like going into it, but I ended up being really interested in the concepts we were learning, and it confirmed that chemical engineering was for me. Also, my professor was really cool and an awesome professor, which always makes a class more enjoyable!

What is the best thing about Purdue?

The best thing about Purdue is that it is a big school that still feels small. Going in, I didn’t think I would see people I know by just walking around campus, but I always see my friends when I’m walking to class or going somewhere to study. I also love the school spirit that everyone feels- it is especially apparent during football and basketball games.  

Tell us about a fun memory about your time at Purdue!

Some of my favorite memories at Purdue are the small ones, like going to get Silver Dipper 3 times a week at the beginning of the semester, late study nights with my friends- living off food from the vending machines, and making the best out of even the most stressful weeks.

What sorts of things are you involved in on campus?

I am involved in women in engineering, Greek life, and undergraduate research here on campus. I really like having the balance between more academic and social activities. Being involved with research has really made it clear to me what I want to do with my chemical engineering degree after college, pharmaceuticals. Women in engineering is a great way to come unwind after a long day of classes and be able to meet women in engineering that are in different disciplines as you, or get to know people in your discipline better. I really enjoy being involved in Greek life to meet people I never would’ve met otherwise, such as people in other majors as well as people in other grades.

What is the best advice you received before coming to Purdue?


The best advice I received before coming to Purdue was to enjoy every second of your college experience because if flies by. While school can get stressful, college is a once in a lifetime experience and some of the best years of your life. It feels like yesterday when I moved in to Meredith Hall and went to the first day of BGR.

What is something you wish you had known when going through the college search process?


I wish I had known to try and visit every school I got accepted to. I was set on going to a different school when my mom forced me to visit Purdue- and I fell in love. Not everyone has someone to push them to explore all their options, and I am so happy I ended up visiting Purdue because it is definitely the school for me.

What is some advice you would give to incoming engineering students at Purdue?


Advice I would give to incoming engineering students is to enjoy your freshman year while you can, because classes definitely become more time consuming as the years go on. Also, talk to older students in the engineering disciplines to see if it is something you would enjoy before declaring your major for sophomore year.

What is a fun fact about yourself?

I have three nieces and three nephews.

Check back every Tuesday for more student spotlights!

- Compiled by Allison Meyer, WE Link LT




Stay Connected With Purdue WIEP!
Twitter: @purduewiep
Instagram: @purduewiep
Email: welink@purdue.edu

Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering