Reflection from a Past LT: Alumna Blog

            When I look back on my time at Purdue, I am filled with gratitude. Throughout my four years there, I made so many great memories, learned countless lessons, and formed lifelong friendships. From the long nights spent studying with my friends to the 6 months I studied abroad in Australia, I am beyond grateful for all the experiences Purdue gave me. I was able to be a part of so many great organizations (like WIEP!), and I urge current students to take advantage of all opportunities to be involved on campus.

Me with 4 other Purdue analysts at training in Dallas, Texas during our summer internship with Deloitte Consulting
Me with 4 other Purdue analysts at training in Dallas, Texas
during our summer internship with Deloitte Consulting

            I graduated in December 2018 with a degree in Industrial Engineering. I was given the option to start my job in either February 2019 or July 2019. I decided to start in July and spent the 6 months traveling, spending time with family, and studying for the GMAT. I highly recommend all graduates take a short (or long) break between graduating and starting work, if possible. The time off was great, and I will treasure my travel experiences forever!

            In July 2019, I began my career at Deloitte Consulting as a Business Technology Analyst. My time at Purdue helped me choose a career in consulting. I knew I wanted a job that would allow me to experience multiple different industries, technologies, and projects. I was also excited about the idea of constantly traveling to new cities! Throughout undergrad, I was lucky enough to obtain a few consulting internships, and those experiences ultimately led me to start my career at Deloitte. During my first project at Deloitte, I worked as a project management analyst at a large health insurance client, helping to implement an Oracle billing solution. I am now currently staffed as a testing and cutover/conversion analyst at an investment management client working to implement Aladdin, a portfolio management solution by BlackRock Solutions. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Deloitte thus far. The Purdue community within the firm is very close-knit so much so that other analysts from different schools are jealous they are not Boilermakers.

            Choosing to study engineering at Purdue was one of the best decisions I have made thus far in my life. The career opportunities are endless because a Purdue Engineering degree truly does carry weight with so many companies. In addition, I learned valuable skills during my courses which prepared me for my career today. I am grateful for all the opportunities I was given while at Purdue, and I will always consider myself a boilermaker!

Boiler Up!


Abby Trusler, Industrial Engineering '18

WE Link Leadership Team Alumni


Stay Connected With Purdue WIEP!

Facebook: Purdue Women in Engineering

Twitter: @purduewiep 

Instagram: @purduewiep

Blog: purduewiep.blogspot.com

Email: welink@purdue.edu



Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering