FALLing in love with Purdue!


It's that time of the year again! The weather is just right: not too cold, not too hot. The fall colors brighten our already beautiful campus up more. Football games are only getting more intense and exciting. Students head to our local Exploration Acres for corn mazes, pumpkin patches and bonfires. Halloween is around the corner. What's not to love about fall at Purdue?! Enjoying great times like this surrounded by good friends also makes us thankful for the amazing lives we have built at Purdue. Here is a compilation of what some current women in engineering love about Purdue: 


Why I love Purdue during fall: Campus beauty is amplified
           "The beauty of Purdue’s campus is amplified with the arrival of fall colors. I love running through Horticulture Park or riding my bike around and outside of campus to be surrounded by a colorful wonderland. Even on campus, the red brick pairs well with the reds, yellows, oranges, and dark greens of the trees and fall flowers that are around. Any time I need to step away from studying or working in the lab, I love to get outside and be immersed in the beauty. It helps to clear my head before I get back to finishing assignments. There’s something calming about working in a beautiful setting, and in every season, Purdue is unmatched!" - Becca Jennings (MSE'24)

Why I love Purdue during fall: Take advantage of the season
"Campus comes alive during the fall, and I love being able to take advantage of the season through all of the events here. Some of my favorites include the football games, the Farmers Market, and the Starry Night Festival. Game day at Purdue is always so fun when everyone on campus is full of school spirit and the Boilermaker Special is driving around getting everyone excited. The Farmers Market on Memorial Mall  every Thursday is the perfect fall activity between classes. I also love hiking at nearby parks and going to Exploration Acres, Indiana’s largest corn maze, to take full advantage of my favorite season! From the crisp weather and leaves to the annual traditions, Purdue makes a great place to be in the fall." - Ella Richardson (ME'25)

Why I love Purdue all year: It helped me find my passions
        "Every year I fall in love with Purdue when I see the beautiful campus filled with fall colors and fall spirit! But I truly appreciate Purdue for helping me find the passion for engineering to keep me motivated and successful. As soon as I arrived on campus as a First-Year engineer, my classes presented me with real world applications for engineering and exposure to the various engineering disciplines. Having the opportunity to make that educated decision about which discipline I wanted to choose is definitely why I’ll able to enter into a full time role soon in an industry and environment that suits me best! Attending large career fairs so early in my college also prepared me well for the professional playing field. Now, I’m able to approach conversations with recruiters/companies with the excitement of growing my network and seeing if that opportunity is as good a fit for me as I am for it, rather than be nervous and intimidated. Purdue has always challenged me and supported me when I needed it most!" - Aikya Chirra (BME'23)

Why I love Purdue all year: The consistently warm community
        "Purdue’s campus truly is unlike any other college in the way that everyone makes you feel like you’re part of one big community. One of the biggest things I looked for during my college search was student interaction, and how comfortable people felt within their campus and their environment. When I visited Purdue for the first time, it was clear that everyone was very welcoming and really wanted others to succeed. Especially since I was intending to be a women in engineering, I wanted to ensure that the community that I was in would help build me up as an engineering student, instead of being competitive. Thus, Purdue's campus and community was what really drew me in to applying and accepting my offer here. When I joined the woman in Engineering Program, I truly felt like I was at a home away from home, and everyone’s warm welcomes and encouragement made me realize that I was exactly where I was supposed to be." - Athulya Nair (ABE'24)


WE Link Leadership Team


Stay Connected With Purdue WIEP!

Facebook: Purdue Women in Engineering

Instagram: @purduewiep

Blog: purduewiep.blogspot.com

Email: welink@purdue.edu


Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Purdue Housing

A very (sub)objective review of dining options at Purdue

Top 10 Extracurriculars Purdue Students Want You to Join Outside of Engineering